Monday, March 2

Where Am I?

This week we were tanked with snow! A typical Washington Rain over-night, the next day gloomy and green. Allie and I went for a drive that evening (just to get out of the house for a few minutes) and the sky was Clear and Cold. What were the heavens concocting next? Oh, about Eight Inches of snow for our yard to wake up to the next morning. It fell fast and furious and we just watched. Icy beneath. Mounds upon mounds. Not finishing our discussion about what we could start doing to work on our yard. It stuck around for a few days, giving school kids one more reprieve from class attendance. People a reason to stay in... -And I suppose I do need to be more responsible with my excitement and lay off the gardening blog posts, catalogs, etc for a while!
In the end, it all made for a uniquely beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Who'd have guessed?

1 comment:

Brandon and Emily said...

Crazy huh? I can't believe the weather this winter. I was going to take and post a picture of my blooming daffodils covered in snow, but I didn't get around to taking the photo before the snow melted. Good grief!