Monday, August 3

Confession: I Took The "Tour"

After we spent time with ward members celebrating those who commemorated our pioneer heritage(another story), we realized we were actually almost to vampire country.
So we went to Forks on a beautiful and sunny Saturday. It has always sunny and not raining when we've been to Forks.
It was intriguing to see tourists lined up on the side of the highway to take a picture with the sign to welcome visitors and honestly Jake and I laughed a little. The town had to build a ramp to accommodate those wanting a photograph so they could get up to the tall Forks sign words. Jake and I got an idea: we would take pictures since lots of people might want to head this way to see one of the sleepiest, out-of-the-way-on-the-edge-of-the-earth, quaintest, little tiniest of places. Since you might not be able to- we did it!!
Though the town is certainly enjoying the incomparable revenue, lots of the folks there are committed to what lifestyle the reputation of the location of Forks brings. In other words, a lot of them don't like the busy-ness and attention. There are about six shoppes there that profess to having the best selection of merch. A lot of it is homemade and irrelevant. But hey, you bought it in Forks!
Lets Begin:
To drive to Forks, it is mostly slow and winding and beautiful. Sometimes there is a wash out here and there. ...Oh, and there are lots of shiny new guardrails for the tourists also...
"Oh, Look! There's Bella and Edward in the Truck!"

I thought it would be fun to have this gentleman in my picture too. I wish I could have captured more random tourists living the Twilight magic...

Timber museum

Even the Equipment rental place wanted to get in on it by selling signs. And there were a lot of signs! This place even renamed their clothing inventory location "Edward's Trophy Room." Twilight!

Forks Pharmacy Bella-related sign.

Forks Thriftway and Sorry about that big black square in view, that is our "Good to Go" Pass to avoid waiting to pay toll on the Narrows Bridge.

This is a Chinese Restaurant... They have Twilight posters in the window...

Uh oh, Traffic Backup at the only stoplight.

Forks Hospital- the the photo op is a little sign in the back of the parking lot that says "Dr. Cullen's spot." The police dept looks similar.

The high school. Is it what you pictured it to be?

I couldn't find a house like Bellas, there are not any from that era/style in this location. Certainly not one like Edwards; that anyone in their right mind would divulge, anyway. I did find a few of these that probably best prove the rain to come... I think this is one single house but don't quote me, please.

Lots of metal utility roofing instead of shingles.


K. That's about all. Forks! Ladies and Gents! At this point, Jake said, "Looks like we are all out of forks." -Get it. HAHA.
-Can I just say, you would have wasted your trip if you didn't enjoy the Olympics for what they are, too?! There's the rain forest, ocean, lakes, waterfalls, lots of hiking, swimming, eagle spotting, otter and whale watching, marine life touching in all its glory! Lots of wild flowers and berries right now as well. (View from Hwy 101, Crescent Lake and Storm King Mountain)

In Port Angeles: (Side Note: my chiropracter also has a patient who works at Bella Italia. She said people come in all the time and ask where Bella and Edward sat and want to order what they order. She probably has a pat made-up answer now, but she could have reminded them that they were book characters and movies are done on sets mostly...)

This is (about) where Bella Swan gets lost, though it is hard to do. Actually, that big warehouse on the right makes beautiful and expensive yachts. But I wouldn't want to be down there at night either. There's a lot of crazies down town too. I met one once.

There you have it!

Here's the map. And the vampire smiley face is on every copy, don't worry! Enjoy!

http://twilight.inforks.com/twilight-locations/

3 comments:

Brandon and Emily said...

Looks like fun! Brandon wants to know if a trip to Spoons is next. Funny coming from the only boy I know to read the whole Twilight series.

tt moreno said...

nicole, this is a big confession. now are you going to confess that you read the books too? I will, a year ago. thanks, i've always wondered where edward and bella fell in LOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe!!!!!!!!!

nicwoo said...

lol. Since you asked, I read the first book. I don't really have the desire to read the others. I skipped over the parts about her insecurities, etc. I never read Harry Potter but I'm sure the story was more drawing and frenzy-worthy. I think these came at the right time and place to fill the witch void with vampires. Sorry. I don't really like it! It has been fun to see the excitement around here. But Twilight itself is a little disappointing. Especially how poorly the movie was made. People say that they didn't have a good budget but that is not true since financial backers already KNEW the series was a huge hit.
ANYWAY, you didn't ask for all that, but that is just my little take on it. :) I'm boring. I know.