Tuesday, August 3

What I Did On My Summer Vacation: A Report

My family and I went to Idaho for our summer vacation. We went to a temple sealing, a temple wedding, and the movies, pool, zoo, and farm, in between. 
 To do all that, we have to leave the water and mountain air behind. We *gulp* had to wear sunscreen from this point on.
The offspring discovered farm machinery.
And it was total fun in the sun.
The Drew, Stacy, and Noelle Family were sealed for eternity. Perfectly wonderful.
Temples are one of my favorite concepts on earth. It is about All and Everyone and I love spending time there.
And we were married here, too.
There's also a zoo in Idaho Falls. I hadn't been since middle school...
The tiger easing into a cool water bath just plain made me Idaho-desert-jealous.
And it isn't summer without pool-lounging and cookies.
More Pocatello Pool Babes to follow...
And then we were off to Utah for a weddin'.
 
Bryce and new sister-in-law, Nadia.
Cutest Reception Ever.
And there was dancing. 
And believe you me, 
Backsteins know how to move and they are not shy folks if there's a beat around.
We also stopped at a cheese factory tour and fruit stands on the way home. 48 hours in the car, total.
Somewhere in there we may or may not have gotten enough sleep....

1 comment:

Brandon and Emily said...

Glad you guys had such a fun trip. Also congrats to Bryce and Nadia!