Monday, November 1

Everything's Coming Up Pumpkins

Thank you for letting me figure out technicalities.
I've enjoyed the sabbatical this month, but have been anxious to get back to my healthfully plugged-in ways.
Simply, I've been apart from you long enough to know what is good for me: time spent a little-less-online.
Because I really can't deny what is going on around here!
Sweet botanical decay is in the air. Leaves up an' going out in a Blaze of glory. Yes, Cool. And yet, everything takes on a warm and culminating glow.
And the home is all the more a comfort.
And I was also wondering,
Was it YOU that left the pumpkins on my step a few weeks ago?
Because I sure do appreciate a seasonal offering.
"How about you two? Do you know anything about this?
...You look like you know something..."
...I assume there were two small ones for a reason, and the girls packed them around like they were pets of the friendliest hue.
Pumpkins have seemed to be "cropping up" everywhere.
I love that.
And though I'm not one for the demonic and gouliest kinds of things, I do enjoy a good harvest.
A celebration of the end.
This is when I want to make resolutions, personally.
(Makes me want to can fruit, too.)
Okay, so almost. I did save the seeds...
I just hope to pass that Growing passion down the vine.
It's like: "What CAN'T we do?"
Yep. Everything's coming up pumpkins.

2 comments:

tt moreno said...

beautiful! i've meed your blogging. i love your roses in the black urn too :)

Hayley said...

i've forgotten what fall leaves look like. thanks for the reminder and welcome back. :)