Thursday, June 23

A Shrimp is a Shrimp is a Shrimp

Our first Shrimping trip was like poetry.
It transported us to another place.
So did the motor boat.
There were nymphs (who almost blew away in the salty wind),
and a few blasted pirates (which took our catch shortly before--not kidding).
I was beginning to think that the last line would end with "I went shell fishing and all I caught was this lousy starfish...sunfish, whatevs."
But it was a pretty cool sunfish that we released...
Back into the harbor, so bountiful, so deep.
And my captain is literally a
Jack of all trades and master of all,
He gave us some shrimp fine-cooked from last haul.
We just ate them plain to enjoy them.
Pacific treasures, God may spin to convoy them!
A shrimp is a shrimp is a shrimp is a shrimp...

2 comments:

Andrea @ Strawberry Chic said...

This is making me miss the PNW! Glad you are enjoying it though!

tt moreno said...

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!