Thursday, October 8

Easy Coming Gratefulness

Easy Coming Gratefulness-- what I mean is, I am finding it EASY to be GRATEFUL.
Here's what for:
-This hospital (Seattle Children's) is pretty special. The medical teams are terrific and they never leave the room with out asking if you or anyone in the room needs anything.
-The Resident Doctor, Sam, has been a blessing. Not only is he nice to communicate with, he also stops by to check on Danielle and then spends time playing with her and keeping her company while I am totally conked out asleep by 6a.m.
-The Family Center in this hospital has showers, laundry, soap, a library, lounge, computer area, 24 hour snack and vending machines.
-There are musicians who donate their time going around to waiting rooms and patient care rooms to sing children's songs or lullabies.
-There are volunteers who come to assist or relieve parents every day.
-There's an incredible indoor outdoor play center for families and it has been Allie and I's special spot (volunteer run).
-The physical therapist who works with Danielle is a perfect coach for her. They have such great chemistry and additionally, she calls her things like, "chickpea" and says things like, "down the hatch" and that is exactly what we say.
-Extended Family has been watching Allison and that she has been a trooper (-- but perhaps I mean I've been a trooper for being apart from her so much). Continual thanks to each one of our friends and family, also.
-The pull-out sleeper seat I've been using is fairly new and it is quite comfy.
-That I really have felt every prayer offered for her and for us.
-I've been able to witness a speeding miracle in Danielle, and her joyous recovery of health.
-That busy professionals searched and checked to help me find my glasses.
-There's so much more to add to this list.
-I believe all that has transpired has let me know how strong I am, how strong she is, and the fire of refinement has honed our family and our love for eachother.
THANK YOU with All My Best Love, and To the God of Us All.

No comments: