Monday, December 7

We'll Just Have to Make Some More!

(Warning. There are no photographs of the subject of this post.)

We have been "working" on our Christmas tree for days. A beautiful Douglas Fir, without the adornment. Alas, I'm up against the clock, you see, it is tradition to get the tree decorated before the big day.
It's just that the cookie decorations are sooo delicious.
Because the gingerbread men Jake made to go on the tree have been slowly "picked off."
And frankly, they've been eaten.
We have been sneaking them (I assure you I'm not the only one) left and right. Stowing away in Jake's lunch box.
Finding unfinished appendages and crumbs in front of the TV with a pile of toys.
And, well, I personally just don't leave any evidence at all.
We'll just have to make some more! And I guess I should be the one to make them to assure they don't turn out soooo well.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

wow. that girl sure looks a lot like her momma. :)

The Hudsons said...

This reminds me of the good-old days many years ago when you guys were once Rexburgians!... Mel and I were at your apartment while you decorated the tree & Jake couldn't help but pop every other piece of popcorn in his mouth as you attempted to string it for the tree! GOOD TIMES!

tt moreno said...

ooo good idea. but iknow ours would never last. tinky loves her cookies