I am a little ashamed I couldn't include a picture of the infinite gratis flags we saw at the busy cemetery. Please note that the young children pictured, the families gathered in one peaceful place, and the tradition and abundance shared, equate a Patriotic Thanks-Giving for all that has been done. Thank you.
It is the veteran that holds the door for me while I'm out.
There are many such retirees in my community.
I see them bend to pick up trash as they go about their day--who knows what they see and have gone through themselves--noble, to me.
Allison was in blue all weekend,
Danielle sported red stripes.
We even had a lifeguard, which was good.
Because this dutch oven food requisites many reactions:
Curiosity ("What is that and should I eat it until I'm satisfied?")
-fried pickles, of which haven't enjoyed since I was ten on a fishing trip-
Heart Palpitations (self explanatory.)
-fresh honey mustard and herb glazed chicken, Food Network inspired-
Planning ("How much can I fit on my plate to try it all?")
-including lasagna dutch oven, the likes of which inspired the great painters to begin with-
Social Anxiety ("I know we are riding home together after this, but I'm just going to go first.")
Environmental Awareness ("I promised myself last year to not wear a belt...")
-apple crisp, among all good desserts-
Bliss ("The grass feels too good, I'll eat later.")
Generosity ("There's too much here. I'm calling the missionaries.")
Happy Memorial Day.












5 comments:
You weren't kidding about the family love of Dutch Oven cooking! That food looks scrumptious!
So sad we missed it. And now after seeing all the photos, I am really sad. We spent the entire day in the yard and were so tired.
That food looks amazing how do I get in on that!!!:) What a fun way to spend a holiday.
Oh my goodness, all your dutch oven food looks AMAZING!!! Good times!!
so impressive..
You guys are dutch oven masters!
Why isn't the backstein clan seen on Food Network!
I may crash next year..
Post a Comment