Sunday, December 28

The Spoils (We're Spoiled!)

We LOVE staying home for Christmas! This year, it was the first Christmas in our first house. We were snowed in a lot, and we had a great time making hot chocolate (Jake, from packets with extra marshmallows, me with whole milk and from scratch, and none for Allison, no thanks - "too spicy.") We watched Mr. Kruger's Christmas and marveled at the snow and ice from a safer distance. Though we did and are continuing to make lots of worth-while trips to Tacoma, Allie and I are pulling through with mucus and a soar throat, respectively. No worries, "Tis the Season!"
Now to the SpOiLs!:
Allie, of course, helped us open our presents besides her own. She got pretty great at it and threw in much grunting and heaving as the paper was torn, just for added effects.
If you know me, you know that I really like giving gifts and like spending money that way best but a real travesty in my life is that I CANNOT shop for Jake! He is very particular and enjoys changing his mind "on occasion." Ohh, but he loves surprises. Am I the only one that goes through this? And so I had to take him out with me for his "surprise." We went to Costco and Big5 and nothing was striking him in particular. As we were finishing up our search at Big5, I suggested a metal detector. They were on sale. *Swing, Beep!* His new love. I'm being sarcastic about all this as it's funny to me,
...but not entirely.
Beloved Mr. Claus got me gardening supplies and a bird feeder, new bedding and See's Chocolates. Most of which was an actual Surprise. He is very good at that.
Always-on-the-Nice-List AllieCat got clothes, books, a puzzle, and TOYS.
We also got fantastic presents from relatives, some fun splurges (Scattergories) some thoughtfully homemade (knitted items). THANK YOU. LOVE YOU.
So I will always think we are spoiled every Christmas. And it doesn't hurt that we left out mint truffles for Mrs. Claus this year either! ;)

No comments: