
So Allie-Einstein-hair is adjusting. Not gracefully, she is two years old to her credit, but adjusting nonetheless!
And she's been up to some new things.
She helps with dinner:

Learning about Dad's hobbies:

New kinds of AllieCat Fun:
And so how did this epiphany come to me? - How did I know if underneath the hiccups she was "dealing?" There's someone new in our family and Allie has requested one movie and one movie only to be played every time she is offered the choice. (not like her to do.)
Toy Story.
You know, the plot about how the favorite toy
gets replaced by a new one
[my light bulb lit-up right about now].
Could it be?

And I have realized something, besides the fact that I just don't have enough life or brain capacity to keep Allie completely jealous and tantrum free all day and every day over our changes:
She just has to deal with it, mostly in her own way... it's just plain up to her no matter what I think I can do; the epiphany I promised.
Yes, the new one gets attention and some of the love that hasn't had to be shared before... and somehow by the end of the movie there is a balance and both beloved toys are heroes and friends. I'm looking forward to that part.
Don't get me wrong. Things are pretty swell, and the action also applies to my heart.
At the end of the day, it's all still about the LOVE. (I'm just sayin' we'll be watching Woody and Buzz show us how it's done for some time to come...)
No comments:
Post a Comment