Saturday, May 2

The Story of How We Met


(humble cell picture of a glorious angel)

Well, let's begin. I'm back and better than ever.
Recovery near completion, I'm whole because Danielle is in my life with my beloveds- Jake and Allie. And it was love at first sight, of course.
I will give you the "abridged" version of what could better be described as a memoir, subtitled
I DID IT AGAIN AND I'M PROUD OF MYSELF:
So here are some thoughts I've been thinking ( and here goes, because the hormones are indeed fluxing away...I'm not fond of the reason, but it's true.)
  • The midwife, between contractions, came right up to my face, in a stance to study me closely and asked, "You mentioned you wanted medication for pain. Do you want to do that now?" I said no. And something to the effect of 'thank you for asking.' She believed me. It was good.
  • Next time I'm bringing my own music.
  • No one ever tells you how it really all plays out (and I won't here either, to keep from scaring anyone- which is reality). Just have The One by your side.
  • Which leads me to my next thought; I'm baffled to think HOW in the world an unwed young girl could go through it and all that follows... love u, Jake!! Serious.
  • For the Record: I have a strong instinct I guess, to get those babies here fast. Initial contractions started at 3:30 am, called the midwife 4:30am (who then left a pretty groggy message on my voicemail) delivery at 7:34am. I really tried to pace myself this time.
  • I knew the second I was handed her that this was a totally different little personality than the daughter-person handed to me two-point-two-five years ago. I hope to never forget that impression... as it will help me parent her the way she needs.
  • People are miracles.
  • Bodies are miracles. My recovery has been astoundingly fast and amazing this time,. .... now... if only I wasn't such ... . .a lightweight about sleeping................"z!" -- I mean, "Fin"

3 comments:

Shiloh said...

simply beautiful nicole, all of it, your words, your family, your new little lady, you. Tell Woody that Andy hearts him. We miss you guys.

Mindy said...

What a cute family you guys are! I really REALLY hope my husband will be there for our first born, never know with the military. Glad you are all doing well!

tt moreno said...

I love how you described how you felt that this one was so different from your first. I felt the same way too.