That means I'm capable of keeping a consistent personal action, which I distinctly remember making a collage on the subject with Coach T. my sophomore year in High School. Booya.
___________________
In homage to my readers, all personal and dear friends, I give sincerest thanks for checking in on me and our goings-ons-- especially for commenting-- and also deliver on a promise of naming what flowers have been a success at our house after some of yours; so far away, but so close, via the internet. I will theretofore even tell you what they smell like, since in sympathy, I know you won't be able to do so yourself until your first, next, or only-in-my-dreams visit to us on the peninsula.
Tinky and Milla, NYC; purple roses. These smell like grape candies. Not kidding. They are THAT purpley.
Sam and Jackson, WA. Boys. Red Petunias. Neither need too much, and they are not very fussy. They are not fragrant. Boys should not be described that way, anyway.
Speaking of boys, these are what I call my Jungle Pansies. They do what they want. Climb all over eachother. And Little green frogs eat at them. Perfect for Pete. NYC (the other jungle).
In fact, I'll include all sweet little guys in this wild bunch: Crew (ID), Austin (OR), Ethan (UT), and Kieran (CA). The Cochran men and Kolten (ID), Little Streadbeck Guys (UT), and Corgin (ID).
The Gardiner Girls plus one on the way, AZ. Fuchsias- they like some shade- and these girls are so Beautifully Fair, I always like to think they must be staying out of hot desert sun.
Victoria (ID). This was growing at the beach, honestly, but it looks indigenous yet delicate.
Hatti (ID) and Halle (OR). This a double-y full rose. Pensive. Robust fruit fragrance. For Princesses.
Lila (IA) and Emma (UT). Lila is the bud. She's not here yet, but we are anticipating. The roses coming on this plant are so vibrant, they glow in the dark. Fruity fragrance also.
This exciting creation is for all the lovelies yet to be and hope to meet-- meet, just like most every little one I've mentioned. I haven't met hardly any! This rose smells just as a rose should. This is the time I'm sorry you and I don't live closer.
Basden sisters and roughly, the Basden boy bunch (actually they live up the street). Since they have to see me all the time, I don't want to embarrass them so I will just say- "words cannot describe." And they are some of my favorite people, too.
...There's such motivation to blog. For me, it keeps me organized and I sometimes consider it my journal. It is also one more way to create connectedness with all of you!
THANK YOU FOR SHARING! And I look forward to more.
And I'm serious, if any of you are in the area and you have the time, you're welcome to come stop and smell the roses and catch up. We'd love it!
5 comments:
Beautiful flowers and I love the references to everyone and you couldn't have been more on with Corgin with the jungle flowers. He is a monkey! And if you come this way I would let you smell my flowers, if I had some, but I don't yet, though you're still welcome to come. (Sorry about the long sentances, hopefully it makes sense.)
i love this post, it is so thoughtful. I dont think we could live in any more opposite in every way parts of the country, but i love that this is what we have in common :)
You have some of the coolest blog posts! The Cochran men are def jungle people. You were right on there!
yes. love keeping up with you and i love that you gave my girls fuschsias. happy one year!
The flowers are gorgeous. Big cuddos to you for keeping up the blogging (journaling reall). I skipped a month there but I myself am back on track and catching up on things past.
Post a Comment