We succumbed to the local attraction that is the Olympic Game Farm. It's a better adventure when you fill up the minivan with people you don't mind getting silly with, and you bring your own bread. I have a wild side. Bryn and Bent came too.
What you see is not for the faint of heart. Lots of close-ups. Sorry, what can I say?
They wait for you to cross the cattle guard. These yaks are acting like they don't notice us, but we are being eyed. That's how they do it in Tibet.
They wait for you to cross the cattle guard. These yaks are acting like they don't notice us, but we are being eyed. That's how they do it in Tibet.
They fog up your windows. Pull in your side mirrors before it's too late.
Then, off to your right, you'll see that the animals are quite used to the fact that people only roll down their windows three-quarters of an inch. The sign says, "Zebras Bite." I was squealing as I listened to them scrape their teeth on the window.
It's like, "Hurry! Pay them! Pay them!" A total stick-up.But I understand it is their instinct... It's my instinct to squeal back at a zebra if I think he's going to nip me for a stupid piece of bread! (Roar.)
Oldest Rhino Ever. Maybe they all look like that...?
Next stop: Kodiak Bears
...Why yes, there is only a tiny and short electric fence between you and him. Luckily the seagulls were there to hold him back.
I thought this momma Black Bear had a peopley looking face.
But she's still a bear.
And yes, I felt sorry for them.
There was a sign at this point that said "Do Not Stop." Or the towering grazers would be fencing your car indefinitely. So of course the car in front of us stopped for long periods and frequently. Which is a natural consequence when you are trying to see how many native Roosevelt Elk heads you can get in your Saturn.
"Are You My Mother?"
European White Fallow Deer
Please enjoy this American Bison and his majestic, rotund eye... Ohhh. Ahhh. They were quite pushy and slobbery for bread, of course.
...Now I think if they threw in a car wash, we'd be set!
--Oh ya. And do I get ten points for tossing this? I'm a wild woman, I tell you.














1 comment:
Wow what an adventure. I can't believe how close they get to your car!
Post a Comment